Pre Natal Personal Training
Whether you’re expecting your first baby, or are a seasoned pro, we here atrecognise that pregnancy is a significant time in a woman’s life, and at no other time is your health & well being more important. You may also feel like you are no longer in control of your body as it goes through the many physiological and hormonal changes.
Whilst now is not the time to begin training for a marathon, or to be going on a strict diet to avoid excessive weight gain, there is no doubt that physical exercise during pregnancy has many benefits both for you….
- Reduces pregnancy fatigue (especially during your first trimester)
- Improves sleep
- Reduces pelvic & lower back discomfort
- Reduces likeliness of gestational diabetes
- Helps to avoid excessive weight gain
- Reduces maternal blood pressure
- Reduces swelling from fluid retention
- Increases stamina & strength for labour
- Can result in a shorter labour
10. Can reduce the need for medical intervention during birth (including C-sections)
11. Boosts energy levels & self esteem
12. Increases physical recovery post birth
…..and your baby:
- Reduced stress for the baby during labour
- Healthier babies
- Research has indicated that exercise during the first trimester, when the placenta is formed, improves the quality of nutrient exchange between mother and baby.
- More efficient heart function
Whether you’re new to exercise, or an experienced gym-goer, knowing how to adapt your workout at each stage of pregnancy, and understanding what your body is capable of whilst undergoing such a transformation can be daunting.
With the experience of our trainers here at Cheshire Fitness, you can be confident that you and your baby are in safe hands.